We offer a warm welcome to couples who seek to be married in our ancient and beautiful churches whatever your beliefs and the following information may help you to decide if you qualify:
Since the regulations have changed you no longer have to be living in the parish at the time of your wedding or have to attend services, although we would be more than pleased to see you a few times in church before your wedding , to help us to get to know you better and to share in the anticipation of your happy day.
To be married in a Church of England church all you have to do now is be able to prove a connection with the parish. Here are some of the ways you can qualify.
- One of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish.
- One of you has lived in the parish for six months or more.
- One of you has at any time attended public worship in the parish for six months or more.
- One of your parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in their child’s lifetime.
- One of your parents has regularly attended public worship there for six months or more in their child’s lifetime.
- Your parents or grandparents were married in the parish church.
If you believe you qualify through any one or more these regulations we would be pleased hear from you.
If you have been married before and wish to re-marry in church we would be pleased to discuss this with you.
Please contact the parish office 01304 366605 or email benefice office
For the answer to frequently asked questions about being married in one of our churches see the linked page
For details of costs see linked page
For more general information about planning your wedding click on this link to the
planning website www.yourchurchwedding.org